Sunday, August 4, 2013


Introduction


As a young child I surrendered my life to Jesus.  Back then I was going to a Congregational Holiness Church and I learned about God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  Now I'm and old man (51), retired, attending an Assembly of God with the scars of life.  I'm happy to be able to say that I've stuck with Jesus throughout my life.  He has helped me when the times were tough and when life was less that what I've hoped for. I have always known Jesus as my Savior and my God but sometimes I forgot that Jesus was the true focus of my life and was less driven to him but God stuck with me throughout those times.  He walked with me through times of testing even though I was distracted and He preserved me and led me back to a place of focus on Him.


It is my hope to discuss Christian Living including salvation, holy living, finances, etc such that anyone who reads this blog will be both encouraged and instructed in the ways of God.  I hope to show how the blessings of God have been made available to meet your every need.  But sometimes the way we live negatively affects how these blessings appear in our life.  I'm sure there is still a lot of these negative life issues still in my life.  As I write or post, I will be posting to myself as well.  This is true if I lend my efforts to the Holy Spirit and let Him guide me as I write. Which is my intentions.

There is a call, which is to walk a walk focused on Christ and to let Him guide you through your life.  We want to be consistent with His holiness and not distract  from His purity after all each of us are a joint member of His body.  When people see us as a Christian, we want them to see Christ.  Some will say I want that, others will reject Christ.  Either way, I want them to see in me the true Christ so their decisions will be based upon good information and not on me living a lie.  In this blog, I want to present what I feel in my heart how Christ wants his people to live.  Also, I want to present some principles that would be beneficial to anyone willing to live a modest lifestyle that would help them excel in the areas of life that so many fall short.

No comments:

Post a Comment